Alchemy of Yoga is whole-heartedly devoted to the art of self-study. When a yogi feels called to step into the deeper world of self-study, we never wish for finances to impede this path.
A 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training requires a significant investment on several levels — not only the financial consideration, but also the commitment of time + resources.
The investment is in yourself and it yields transformation on the physical, energetic, mental, emotional, and spiritual planes.
Alchemy of Yoga is unique from other teacher training programs in that it goes way beyond mastering yoga poses. While you will learn a great deal about asana, it is truly a journey in self-discovery. The role of Silvia Mordini and the rest of the Alchemy team is to provide the inspiration into this self-inquiry and hold space for your growth in a way that is true to your authenticity.
In the spirit of inclusivity + accessibility, we are proud to offer:
- Various price points for our programs
- Support for your Go Fund Me or other crowd funding efforts
- We will write you recommendation for Yoga Alliance Scholarship
- Limited scholarship offerings
- Early bird discounts + special offerings on tuition
Alchemy of Yoga’s Heart Medicine Scholarship
WHO CAN APPLY?
Students who commit to teaching yoga to underserved communities and people of all backgrounds, colors, religions, and orientations after they complete the Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training.
HOW TO APPLY?
Email Silvia & Ferrah a detailed one-page letter about why yoga is important to you, why you want to become a yoga instructor, a detailed plan on how you plan to teach an underserved population (300-500 words max). Please include which training you’re planning to/ have applied for (location and year). Key words to think about when writing your letter: fire, spirited, soulful, movement, inspiration, brave, teaching peace, artistic, experimental, pioneering, abundant, worldly, humanitarian, whole-hearted and passion.
Awardees are asked to create daily posts (blog, photos, or commentary) on their preferred social media platforms leading up to training and throughout. One month prior to training, scholarship recipients should create daily posts about Alchemy of Yoga’s program and instructors.
As we progress through training, awardees will be asked to document their training experience with written commentary and photos of activities. Each post should include Alchemy of Yoga tags (@alchemyofyoga @inspiredyogagal @emilyperryyoga #teachpeach #alchemyofyogaryt200 #alchemyofyoga).
After the completion of training, please send Ferrah an detailed explanation of your classes teaching underserved populations.
Scholarships vary from $500 – $1,000.
- $500 Deposit. The remainder is split into 3 equal payments over 3 months.
- $500 Deposit. The remainder is split into 4 equal payments over 6 months.
- $500 Deposit. The remainder is split into 6 equal payments over 9 months.
$500 deposit reserves your place in our tribe. The deposit is non-refundable, however transferable to another program within 18 months under unanticipated circumstances. The deposit is subtracted from the balance of teacher training.
Additional ideas that our past trainees have used:
- Create a fund where family/friends can contribute to teacher training as a gift
- Develop a Go Fund Me campaign
- Use Pay Pal’s Bill Me Later program, which offers no payments + no interest if paid in full in 6 months
- Receive college credit by providing us with paperwork to qualify the course
- Ask your employer to use “continuing education” budget + hours toward the program in exchange for teaching yoga on-site. We can help you be prepared to offer yoga in the workplace
- Apply for Yoga Alliance $1500 Scholarship
- We are always open to collaboration + work exchange — let us know if you have a skill or trade to offer
If teacher training is on your list of intentions and Alchemy of Yoga resonates with you, let us help you realize this vision.
Do you feel inspired to help others carry out the mission to Teach Peace?
Sponsor a Trainee: Contribute directly to a trainee’s GoFundMe campaign — reach out to Ferrah to inquire.
Sponsor a Scholarship: Alchemy of Yoga will team with you to create a scholarship — reach out to Ferrah to inquire, though consider these details:
- Name of Scholarship — e.g., would you like us to use your name, or remain anonymous?
- Who Qualifies for the Scholarship — e.g., is there a certain population you envision the scholarship benefitting, or are there certain criteria that must be met to qualify?
- Application Process — e.g., what would you like to learn from applicants?
- Amount and Frequency — e.g., are you offering generosity on a one time basis, once per year, or multiple times per year?