As we come to the middle of the week, the patterns of our thoughts may be cycling through what has already happened or looking forward to what is next to come. Observe these thought patterns with a gentle kindness, releasing thoughts of the past + future. Come back to the present moment.
Eliminating Past and Future Meditation
Find a comfortable seat and rest the hands on the legs, palms facing down. Initiate a calm, steady breath.
- When the mind wanders off to thoughts from the past, gently tap your left leg.
- When your mind wanders off to thoughts of the future, gently tap your right leg.
- Whenever a thought arises, mentally note “memory” or “fantasy” and then return to the breath.
Learn to meditate with Silvia Mordini through Alchemy of Yoga’s 200-Hour Teacher Training Program:
- Costa Rica: July 30 – August 20, 2016
- Bali, October 1 – 22, 2016
- Costa Rica: July 29 – August 19, 2017
Special Discounts on Tuition Until June 30th!