20+ years of refinements
“Yoga believes in transforming the individual before transforming the world. Whatever change we want to happen outside should happen within. If you walk in peace and express that peace in your very life, others will see you and learn something.” – Sri Swami Satchidananda
We fully recognize the need to offer flexibility in our programming and want to meet you where you are. Therefore, we've organized the 200 hours into both 2 Module and 3 Module formats to balance time away from work or home while still invested in your own self-development.
You may complete the modules within 20 months in multiple locations.
This program is recognized by Yoga Alliance as a Registered 200-Hour Yoga School and offers you a unique opportunity to make a deep commitment to learning more about yourself while engaged in open minded self-exploration. It covers the foundations of the eight-limbed path of yoga and believes in yoga as a life-long truthful celebration of ourselves and our world.
Here's how it works.
Something magical and mystical happens when a group of high-intentioned individuals make the decision to gather together with the purpose of uplifting their lives and expanding their consciousness into radical authenticity. The result is something beyond words. It is, as best as I can explain it, the Alchemy of Yoga. Chapter 2, Verse 1 of the Yoga Sutras sets forth how the Alchemy of Yoga actually works. “Tapas svadhyaya ishvara pranidhana kriya yoga.” Translated to mean that yoga helps us transform ourselves on three levels: Physical, Mental, Spiritual Alchemy.
in line with Yoga Alliance Requirements
Three Module Option
This explains how the 3 module format works for you.
Physical Alchemy – Tapas
To ignite the changes we want to make in our lives we must establish a solid foundation. Traveling through the elements we work our way through the first three chakras Mulhadara, Svadhisthana, and Manipura.
EARTH Chakra 1 (Muladhara): To manifest our desires we must have strong roots within ourselves.
WATER Chakra 2 (Svadhisthana): We tap into our limitless potential to create our dreams and desires.
FIRE Chakra 3 (Manipura): We ignite the fire of our burning desires and dreams through action.
Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya
In yoga we study the self to learn about the self. Here the mental alchemy is through self-observation. By witnessing our thoughts we become aware of our mental patterns and the obstacles to our happiness. We journey through the heart chakra to align the love and wisdom from our hearts and communicate it out to the world, aligning our thoughts, words and actions with our truth.
AIR Chakra 4 (Anahata): Our inner wisdom becomes available to us when we open up the heart and learn to surrender to love, letting go of what is no longer in alignment with our hearts.
Spiritual Alchemy – Ishvara Pranidhana.
As we are doing and watching, we let go of the ego of judgment. We move beyond wanting life to be different and begin to feel the surrender and acceptance of the natural flow of the present
moment. We understand that there is no reason to stop this flow for its natural current is to align with the current of grace that is everywhere outside us. Beauty becomes our way of life. Happiness becomes our natural alchemy once again.
ETHER Chakra 5 (Vishudha): Communicating to the universe our wisdom learned from the heart with clarity and truth. To open the heart and surrender to love we must have a strong knowing of our truth.
Chakra 6 (Ajna): We open up through the third eye in order to sink back as the observer of our being. As we do this, all negative thoughts and egoistic tendencies dissolve and we return back to stillness, happiness, and love. We surrender to the guidance of our inner wisdom and know that all the answers we seek lie within us.
Chakra 7 (Sahasrara): The flow of grace all around us flows through us from an open crown chakra. We become the
embodiment of the Divine, a unique expression of consciousness, dwelling in our natural alchemy of love and peace.
Two Module Option
This explains the layout of your two module package in line with Yoga Alliance.
Foundation + Physical Alchemy – Tapas
To start this journey together, we will explore the self. We will root into a foundation that is grounded in our highest potential. In addition, this module will focus on Sun Salutations, General Principles of Poses, The Stages of Poses, Benefits of Poses, Purpose of Poses, How to Teach a Pose safely to all levels of students, Meditation, Pranayama and yoga Therapeutics. (Training Manual EARTH + FIRE sections; Chakras 1-3)
Physical + Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya
This module will focus on the fundamental principles of Hatha Yoga (Sun/Moon) including an introduction to classical yoga philosophy (Yoga Sutras: Yamas and Niyamas, 8 Limbed Path), history of yoga, basic Sanskrit, the implications of Ethical Behavior and living your yoga with an Ethical Code and Ecological integrity. (Training Manual FIRE+ AIR sections; Chakras 4-5)
Spiritual Alchemy – Ishvara Pranidhana
This module will focus on the art of teaching including creative sequencing in class design, developing life affirming class themes, importance of positive languaging, voice intonation, musical awareness, and how to teach to the heart of the student. This section also focuses on the healthy Teacher-Student relationship: understanding it and how to resolve ethical issues. The Art of Assisting (verbal and physical adjustments and enhancements) in an authentic, safe and generous way. (Training Manual WATER section; Chakras 6, 7)
Physical Alchemy – Tapas: Ignites the changes we want to make in our lives. It is about the getting fired up and passionate. Literally it means heating the body through moving and breathing in the vinyasa.
- Initiation into Truth, The Four Agreements, How to Live an Inspired Life, Alchemy as a Map of Transformation, How and Why Alchemy of Yoga Works
EARTH: Manifestation - Rooting into Self
- Freedom from Fear/Shadow Work, Ethical Guidelines, Greatness & Living Honorably, The Hero/Heroine’s Path, Power of Manifestation, Living Your Yoga
WATER: Creation - Tapping into Your Potential
- Body Love, Spiritual Happiness, Svadhaya of Possibility, Intention & Dharma, Vision Boards & Dream Journaling, The Five Koshas
FIRE: Ignition - Tapas, Discovering Your Optimal Performance
- Recapitulation, Intrinsic & Extrinsic Movement, Bandhas, Somatics, The Neuroscience of Yoga, Developing a Personal Practice, Sun Salutations, Dancing Warriors, Moon Salutations, Mandala Namaskars, General Principles of Poses (Purpose, Stages & Benefits), How to Teach a Pose Safely to All Levels of Students, Stress Response + Relaxation 101, Restorative Poses, Yoga Therapeutics, Anatomy - Muscles + Bones
Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya:
- While we are following the discipline of tapas and engaging in physical practice to help move our stuck energy we are watching ourselves. In yoga we study the self to learn about the self. Here the mental alchemy is through self-observation. We witness what is going on in our thoughts, what are we thinking. We tune in to our intuition to enhance clarity and harmony between what we think, say and do. We remember to remember who we really are. Through this, our ego softens from being I centered to seeing our interconnectedness to all things, people, nature, energies. We humbly realize our nature of union in this interweb.
AIR: Edification - Svadhaya, Unlearning the Obstacles to Your Happiness
- Yoga History + Lineages, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Yamas & Niyamas, Alchemy of Balance + Happiness, Breathing (Pranayama), Meditation (Dhyana), Ayurveda, Dinacharya, Doshas + Guidelines for Balancing the Doshas, Nourishing the Physical Body + Ayurvedic Diet, Food Plans to Balance the Doshas
Spiritual Alchemy – Ishvara Pranidhana: As we are doing and watching, we let go of the ego of judgment. We move beyond wanting life to be different and begin to feel the surrender that allows what is being offered to mix together. We practice ishvara pranidhana as we trust the universal intelligence that hugs us from all directions to know what it is doing. Once we find this trust, we begin to believe that beauty and goodness are within us flowing non-stop. We understand that there is no reason to stop this flow for its natural current is to align with the current of grace that is everywhere outside us. Beauty becomes our way of life. Happiness becomes our natural alchemy once again.
ETHER: Liberation - Ishvara Pranidhana, Transformation into the Infinite
- The Psychologically Healthy Teacher, Teaching as Art, Skill, & Service, Staying Inspired as a Teacher, Teacher Mission Statement, Teaching to the Heart of the Student, Creating a Safe & Sacred Space, Assessment of Class Energy, Mood, Style, The Essence of Great Teaching, Teacher & Student Relationship, Honoring the Sacred Seat of the Teacher, Ethical Relationships & Boundaries, Alchemy of Communication, Learning Sanskrit, Languaging, Class Theme Preparation, How to Theme in a Psychologically Healthy Way, How to Guide Students to Their Own Experience, The Art of Sequencing Vinyasa Flow, Wave Theory & Choreography, Energetic Anatomy, The Psychology of Yoga + The Chakra System ,The Business of Yoga & Sustainability
This portion of training will focus on the practical skill development of apprenticeship through observing classes, assistant teaching, and Karma yoga (community service yoga offering). Also explored will be personal development with respect to the Business of Yoga.
Post Training Mentoring Includes but is not Limited to:
Planning a yoga career/business: how to best market yourself while maintaining strong ethical standards and life balance; How to resolve ethical issues that arise from teaching yoga.
Authenticity and JOYFUL self-confidence in living your Dharma
In preparation please purchase or obtain on loan the books below and be reading them in the order listed, either as hard copies or electronic versions on your e-reader or tablet device:
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (read before training)
- How We Choose To Be Happy: The 9 Choices of Extremely Happy People by Rick Foster + Greg Hicks (read before training)
- Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life by Judith Lasater (read before training)
- Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness by Erich Schiffmann
- The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele (pack hard copy)
- The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Vasant Lad
- Wheels of Light by Anodea Judith
- Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow (pack hard copy)
- Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship by Donna Farhi
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga: Scientific Keys Volume 1 by Dr Ray Long
- The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi (pack hard copy)
See our training destinations
HOW TO CHOOSE A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
HEARTFELT ADVICE: Silvia Mordini dives into key components of teacher training programs and the questions to ask yourself before selecting a program.