By: Silvia Mordini
I know choosing a Yoga School is hard. It’s a best guess effort since until you have the experience you can’t say “exactly” for sure what it’s going to be like. I get that.
That’s why at Alchemy of Yoga we try our hardest to tell you the TRUTH about our program. We don’t play it safe giving you some generic outline. We want you to know we are different from other schools and more importantly WHY and HOW we are different. Then we leave it to you to listen to your heart and make the best decision knowing that your RYT200 is only the FIRST program you’ll experience, it won’t be the last yoga learning (I hope).
So here’s the thing…
There is a reason why we choose Blue Spirit in Nosara, Costa Rica year in and year out. And if one reason isn’t enough, we came up with 15!
- Monkeys are your alarm clock (sometimes they want you up and about at 4am!)
Nosara is a Blue Zone meaning it is one of the healthiest places to live in the world
- Pristine beaches + super good swell for surfing
- Abundance of local fresh produce + the best avocados and pineapple I have ever devoured. Not to mention the coffee, ohhhhh the coffee!!
- Pollution almost doesn’t exist
- Costa Rica is one of the, if not THE most environmentally friendly countries in the world. Over 30% of it’s land is in reserve and over 90% of its electricity is through renewable resources.
- So much respect and love for protecting the incredible array of wildlife
- The amazing waterfalls that are so incredibly healing and purifying
- Strong connection and harmonization of all 5 elements, Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether. Perfect for healing and balancing the body’s energy.
- Nosara is a small town on the coast yet still immersed in jungle and vibrant greenery
- Because everywhere you go they answer “¿Cómo estás?” (How are you) with “Pura Vida” (pure life)
- Possibly the happiest and most friendly humans you’ll ever meet (Tico’s!)
- Our favourite hashtag at Alchemy of Yoga is #StillnessIsSexy, but something that may be even more sexy is salsa dancing…salsa dancing with a spanish speaking local? Oh my, it’s just too much!
- Warm tropical rain and crazy thunderstorms rolling in over the wild ocean! Ahhh pure bliss!!
- Followed by sunshine, always some sunshine (when we choose to go anyway
- All of these combined make up the most perfect environment for deep healing and Divine play (Lila).
Yoga offers serious benefits but we don’t have to take ourselves so seriously in receiving them. If you are looking for a program that is part vacation in a beautiful part of the world (Costa Rica) with enough downtime to enjoy it along with a program dedicated to YOUR Self-Development (through the medicine and ancient technology of Yoga Studies) then YOU found it July 30-Aug 20, 2016!
If you are looking for super serious, technique only, static masculine model, authoritarian, no time for fun learning atmosphere then this is NOT it.